Notice of Workshops,
Northern Branch Annual General Meeting (AGM)
& Northern Branch Awards Dinner
Date: Saturday, January 26, 2019
Time: 4:30pm – 10:00pm (AGM starts at 6:00pm)
Location: Harry’s Hofbrau
1909 El Camino Real
Redwood City, CA 94063
Workshops – 4:30 pm
Free to all Northern Branch solo members and rostered members of 2018 Northern Branch bands. Suggested donation of $10 for all other attendees.
Competing Pipers Association President—Glenn Brown
- Discussion regarding the CPA system used in the UK.
WUSPBA Rep Training—Suzan Karayel
- The WUSPBA Reps assist games organizers and ensure that all sanctioned contests operate smoothly and in compliance with the WUSPBA Contest Rules. Individuals who complete this or a similar training may be appointed to serve at Northern Branch games throughout the 2019 contest season, depending on need and availability. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Suzan Karayel, Chief Rep for the Northern Branch, at email@example.com
Northern Branch Annual General Meeting (AGM) – 6:00pm
Check in begins at 5:45pm
All 2018 WUSPBA Northern Branch members are invited and encouraged to attend the Northern Branch AGM.
- Call to order, establish quorum
- Officer introductions / reports
- Review of WUSPBA Bylaw & Contest Rule changes effective 2019
- Band Rosters: what bands need to know
- Overview of Northern Branch events for the coming year
- Election of Northern Branch Officers: President & Treasurer
- Nominations may be submitted in advance to Secretary Wes Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, January 11, 2019. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor.
- New business—Amendments to Northern Branch By-Laws
- Proposed amendments must be submitted in writing to Secretary Wes Weber at email@example.com, no later than Friday, January 11, 2019.
- Open comment period
Northern Branch 2018 Awards Dinner – 7:00pm
Presentation of awards to the 2018 Northern Branch Champions.
Dinner is on your own from Harry’s Hofbrau https://www.harryshofbrau.com/menus/#daily-menu
- 2018 Branch Champions—Free dinner with RSVP* by January 16, 2019
During dinner, there will also be a silent auction to support Northern Branch activities for the upcoming year, featuring assorted contributions from Northern Branch members. Please bring your checkbook!
An informal recital will follow the presentation of awards. The 2018 Northern Branch Champions will be invited to perform.
*2018 Branch Champions will receive a personal invitation via email on or before January 11, 2019. Please RSVP by replying to your email invitation.