All WUSPBA solo members residing in the Northern Branch and all members of WUSPBA bands located in the Northern Branch are welcome and encouraged to attend the Northern Branch Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Expected January 2019; exact date and details TBA
Date: Saturday, December 9, 2017
Time: 4:15pm – 9:00pm
Location: United Irish Cultural Center
2700 45th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
Workshops – 4:15pm
Free to all Northern Branch solo members and rostered members of 2017 Northern Branch bands. Suggested donation of $10 for all other attendees.
• Music Theory of the Great Highland Bagpipe—Adam Blaine
An introduction to the scales, modes, and basis of bagpipe music
theory. The foundations of harmony and how to approach writing a
simple harmony. (Bring a tune or two to harmonize.)
• Snare Drumming Workshop—Duncan McPherson
Open to snare drummers of all levels. Duncan will tailor this clinic to
Northern Branch Annual General Meeting (AGM) – 6:00pm
Check in begins at 5:45pm
• Call to order, establish quorum
• Officer introductions / reports
• Review of WUSPBA Contest Rule changes going into effect for 2018
• Overview of Northern Branch events for the coming year
• Election of Northern Branch Officers: Vice President & Secretary
⇒ Nominations may be submitted in advance to Secretary Wes Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, November 24, 2017. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor.
• New business—Amendments to Northern Branch By-Laws
⇒ Proposed amendments must be submitted in writing to Secretary Wes Weber at email@example.com, no later than Friday, November 24, 2017.
• Open comment period
Northern Branch 2017 Awards Dinner – 7:00pm
» BUY AWARDS DINNER TICKETS «
Buffet dinner, silent auction, presentation of awards to the 2017 Northern Branch Champions, and informal recital.
• General: $30 (advance purchase); $35 (same day / at the door)
• Child 10 & under: $15
• 2017 Branch Champion Free with RSVP* by December 2, 2017
*2017 Branch Champions will receive a personal invitation via email on or before November 20, 2017. Please RSVP by replying to your email invitation. If you have already purchased a ticket for yourself, you will be refunded the price of that ticket.